This creamy, cinnamon-spiced, and fall-feeling healthy Apple Banana Smoothie is here to ease us into the changing season. It’s made without yogurt, vegan, and a delicious method to treat yourself early.
Apples are my fall-liaison. As a lover of the summer season, I work myself into a yearly funk at the end of August. Where did the summer go? Why didn’t I do more?? Where is my life even going anyhow ???
And then, the apples appear!
Gorgeous red and green apples, the sweet ones, and the crisp ones, all pleading to be combined with and baked with and snacked on while strolling past rows of changing leaves. It’s a romantic image, and I’m into it.
Today, I have a nutritious, low-calorie apple healthy smoothie to toast the season ahead to begin our apple season on a fit note.
Table of Contents
How to Make Apple Banana Smoothie
The Active ingredients
I used green apple in this smoothie. Still, if you have red apples on hand, you can undoubtedly use them among those too.
For natural sweet taste, hominess, and warmth.
To help the shake blend. You can use any milk you like (however, if you need the apple healthy smoothie vegan, make sure it’s non-dairy milk).
My secret component! It adds healthy fats, makes the healthy smoothie filling, and its subtle richness is why this Apple Banana Smoothie tastes so tasty.
It’s hard to go back when you begin including this in your shakes.
A few frozen banana portions make this vanilla Apple Smoothie extra thick, abundant, and more naturally sweet. You could switch in a few pitted dates if you’d like to make the recipe with NO banana.
The Recipe Actions
- This apple smoothie could not be much more comfortable. Just put them in your mixer and puree away when you have your ingredients.
- I like to include a handful of ice to the shake at the end to make it extra thick. Since the apple isn’t frozen, the ice offers it the correct body and makes it cool and refreshing.
Preparing Apples for Shakes
You don’t require to peel apples to make an apple smoothie. I advise NOT peeling the apples, given that the peels are full of vitamins, fiber, and nutrients.
To prepare an apple for shakes:
- Wash and dry the apples. Leave the peel on.
- Stand the apple on its base. Position your knife on top, near the stem. Cut directly down along the core. The first side of the apple will come off. Set it aside.
- Lay the apple flat, cut-side down. Cut off the right and left sides, keeping your knife as near the core as possible.
- Turn the apple and cut off the one remaining side. It would be best if you had a long, rectangle-shaped piece that contains the core and four right huge parts (the ones you remove).
- Please dispose of the core (I nibble off any extra apple that’s around it first).
- Cut the four pieces into 1-inch portions.
- Add to your blender with the other active ingredients, and make yourself a tasty Apple Banana Smoothie.
Equipment Notes and Recommendations
- You do not require a high-dollar mixer to make this healthy Apple Banana Smoothie. Fresh apples mix into shakes quickly. Use a high-powered mixer like Vitamix 750 Blender and your healthy smoothie will have a more refined, more even consistency. However, you can certainly make this recipe in a standard mixer too.
- For a regular blender, I owned Hamilton Beach Blender for a while. While it doesn’t get things as smooth as rapidly as a high-powered mixer or included the very same bells and whistles, it’s an excellent option for the rate.
- Do not miss out on these Stainless Steel Drinking Straws. They make everything you drink through them, from healthy smoothies to iced tea or iced coffee to even water-tasting additional revitalizing. I likewise keep a couple of in my bag when I’m out and about, so I do not require to ask for a (plastic or paper) straw.
- You can also use these Paper Drinking Straws.