The flavor of apple pie, blended into a healthy Apple Banana Smoothie! Rich, creamy and vegan, it’s made with apple, banana, almonds, and unsweetened almond milk (no yogurt!)
- 1 medium green apple washed with the peel on
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ½ cup chopped frozen banana about ½ of a large banana or 8, ¾-inch slices
- ½ tablespoon pure maple syrup plus additional to taste
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon brown sugar
- Small handful ice
- To core the apple: Wash and dry the apple, and leave the peel on. Stand the apple on its base. Place your knife on top, near the stem. Cut straight down along the core. The first side of the apple will come off. Set it aside. Lay the apple flat, cut-side down. Cut off the right and left sides, keeping your knife as near the core as possible. Turn the apple, and cut off the one remaining side. You should have a long, rectangular piece that contains the core and four nice big chunks (the ones you cutaway). Discard the core. Cut the four pieces into 1-inch chunks. Place it in a blender.
- To the blender: add the remaining ingredients in the order listed: almond milk, banana, maple syrup, vanilla, brown sugar, almonds. Blend until smooth. Add a small handful of ice, then blend again. For an even thicker smoothie, add a few ice cubes and blend again. For a thinner smoothie, add more milk.
- TO MAKE NUT FREE: Use sun butter in place of the peanut butter, or simply omit it.
- TO MAKE RECIPE WITH NO BANANA: Swap a pitted date (or 2 to taste) for the banana.
- Category: Drinks
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 237
- Sugar: 40.3g
- Sodium: 49mg
- Fat: 1.6g
- Saturated Fat: 0.2g
- Carbohydrates: 57.1g
- Fiber: 7.6g
- Protein: 1.7g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: Apple smoothie, Apple Banana Smoothie