.This Coconut milk smoothie is packed with coconut flavor! Made with coconut milk and other natural ingredients, this is often guaranteed the most straightforward way to starting the day!
Why I Love The Coconut Milk Smoothie
Good Morning!! Let’s begin the day off, right, shall we? And by that, I mean let’s start it off with a glass full of coconut milk smoothie. Out of all flavors within the world, coconut is perhaps my favorite. Well, it’s between coconut and lemon. I love the mellow taste of coconut, though. And this smoothie is exploding with coconut.
Plus, recognizing how this smoothie is made with clean ingredients, it’s perfect for starting the day.
- The base of this smoothie is Unsweetened Coconut Milk. The Unsweetened Coconut Milk is ideal for this smoothie since it’s a touch of coconut flavor. It’s dairy-free; furthermore, it’s not loaded with any additional sugars.
- It’s made luscious with the addition of a frozen banana. No worries though, you won’t be overpowered by bananas in this smoothie. I can hardly even taste it. But it does make this drink ultra-smooth.
- We’re sweetening things up just a touch with some agave. You can leave that out if you need to. I like a little hint of sweetness with my coconut. Depending on how ripe your banana is, when you freeze it, you may skip the agave anyway. If the banana is ripe when you stick it in the freezer, then it will add more sweetness to the smoothie than if you froze a not-so-ripe banana. (Just a tip, I even have found the most way to freeze a banana is to slice it and spread it over a baking sheet lined with paper. Once it’s frozen, you can stick it into a bag or use it straight from the baking sheet. If you just put the sliced banana into a bag and then freeze it, you always end up with a considerable lump of banana that your blender doesn’t particularly appreciate.)
- I also added some unsweetened shredded coconut to the smoothie only for a touch of an extra flavor kick. Which don’t blend up and leave some texture to the smoothie, so if you’re not into that, I would recommend leaving out the shredded coconut
Equipment Notes and Recommendations
- You do not require a high-dollar mixer to make this healthy Coconut Milk Smoothie. Fresh apples mix into shakes quickly. Use a high-powered mixer like Vitamix 750 Blender and your healthy smoothie will have a more refined, more even consistency. However, you can certainly make this recipe in a standard mixer too.
- For a regular blender, I owned Hamilton Beach Blender for a while. While it doesn’t get things as smooth as rapidly as a high-powered mixer or included the very same bells and whistles, it’s an excellent option for the rate.
- Do not miss out on these Stainless Steel Drinking Straws. They make everything you drink through them, from healthy smoothies to iced tea or iced coffee to even water-tasting additional revitalizing. I likewise keep a couple of in my bag when I’m out and about, so I do not require to ask for a (plastic or paper) straw.
- You can also use these Paper Drinking Straws.
Commonly Asked Questions
What kind of coconut milk is best for smoothies?
To make your coconut milk smoothies creamy, you’ll need canned coconut milk. You can use light or full-fat coconut milk but go with full-fat for the most luscious option!
What flavors go well with coconut milk?
Any kind of tropical fruits naturally create tremendous flavor combinations with coconut.
Is coconut milk or almond milk better for smoothies?
Almond milk is a win-win for most smoothie combos. Go for the unsweetened versions when choosing to avoid added sugar and calories.