As we are passing through a difficult time, let’s get delighted to handle our health objectives! With the possibility to restart and charge, I am constantly inspired to make actionable changes to my food and fitness regularly to stay on track. I like the challenge of developing better-for-you recipes but that you will still crave and take pleasure in! One method is by creating breakfast recipes that add more nutrition to your day.
This incredibly Green Tea Matcha Smoothie will provide the energy increase that you require to kick-start your early mornings. Making some basic, wholesome swaps is easy to include protein, fiber, fruit, vegetables, and antioxidants into your glass without jeopardizing flavor. Let’s start this year off ideal together and put that blender to work!
Being a full-time mother, wife, food researcher, and blogger is so fulfilling. Yet, it can get hectic balancing all of the unique gifts that I have. I constantly devote myself to 2 things every day to stay active and energized for my household and me. Those are – working out and consuming a healthy breakfast (no matter how little or intense).
Table of Contents
How to Make a Green Tea Matcha Smoothie
Today I am sharing my ULTIMATE incredibly Green Tea Matcha Smoothie dish that I make each morning to get the cylinders shooting. My boy calls it “mommy’s super juice,” and it sure is. Let me show you why and explain to you how.
- Baby kale and spinach are meticulous and delicate. The earthy and bitter notes are not as active for the smoothie.
- One cup of kale is stuffed with about 3 grams of protein, 2.5 grams of fiber, vitamins A, C, K, folate, phosphorus, potassium, zinc and calcium, omega-3 fats, and the phytonutrients lutein and zeaxanthin.
- Spinach is loaded with iron and an excellent source of vitamins K, A, C, and folic acid.
Matcha Green Tea
The ground green tea leaves can consist of up to 10 to 15 times more total nutrients and 100 times more antioxidants than conventional green tea. The antioxidants from different catechins help to safeguard against complimentary radicals and enhance your immune system.
- Abundant Antioxidants: Matcha is loaded with antioxidants known as polyphenols, linked to a decreased risk of cancer and heart disease. Besides, antioxidants fight off reactive oxygen species within the body, which wreak havoc on body cells. In a nutshell, antioxidants protect and prevent cells from oxidative damage.
- Immune Support: Due to the health-boosting antioxidants, amino acids, and other compounds inside matcha, research indicates that matcha has an anti-inflammatory influence on the body and might boost overall immune responses.
- Disposition boosting: Research suggests that the serotonin and the amino acid L-theanine found in matcha can help to lower stress and enhance one’s overall mood.
- Heart Healthy: Studies indicate that the antioxidants found in matcha can disrupt cholesterol absorption from food in the gastrointestinal tract, contributing to lower LDL (bad cholesterol) levels circulating through the blood.
- Pick Me Up: 1 cup of matcha contains roughly 68mg of caffeine, while its traditional green tea counterpart contains 32mg. Compared to a cup of black coffee (which has around 100mg of caffeine), matcha could be a fantastic alternative for an energy fix!
Greek yogurt and almonds (nuts and milk) include a boost of protein, so you stay satiated until the next meal. Yogurt also contains probiotics which daily usage has been shown to help to increase the immune system and promote a healthy gastrointestinal tract.
Bananas include a light natural sweetness and velvety texture to the green smoothie. It’s likewise a great source of potassium, electrolytes, and prebiotic fibers that aid in food digestion.
Two teaspoons of a sweetener are contributed to the smoothie to stabilize the bitterness from the greens and tea. Try to find a zero-calorie and stevia-based sweetener. It’s the ideal swap for sugar. One package of sweetener supplies the very same sweet taste as two teaspoons of sugar.
All of these dietary powerhouse active ingredients get added to your mixer. In less than 5 minutes, you have a cold, velvety, and delicious smoothie all set to drink in your home or on the go.
A glass of this incredibly green smoothie with matcha tea will assist nurture your body so you can enhance your day! Now that I’ve shared my top-secret day-to-day breakfast routine, how will you incorporate this recipe into your routine?
Breakfast or a fast afternoon treat, it’s a revitalizing beverage to add to your meal plan. I can’t wait to become aware of your smoothie adventures in the comments section listed below!
Equipment Notes and Recommendations
- You do not require a high-dollar mixer to make this healthy Green Tea Matcha Smoothie. Use a high-powered mixer like Vitamix 750 Blender and your healthy smoothie will have a more refined, more even consistency. However, you can certainly make this recipe in a standard mixer too.
- For a regular blender, I owned Hamilton Beach Blender for a while. While it doesn’t get things as smooth as rapidly as a high-powered mixer or included the very same bells and whistles, it’s an excellent option for the rate.
- Do not miss out on these Stainless Steel Drinking Straws. They make everything you drink through them, from healthy smoothies to iced tea or iced coffee to even water-tasting additional revitalizing. I likewise keep a couple of in my bag when I’m out and about, so I do not require to ask for a (plastic or paper) straw.
- You can also use these Bamboo Print Paper Straws.
How to use Matcha Green Tea in Recipes?
Matcha powder is finely ground entire green tea leaves that offer a moderate tea flavor with a hint of sweet taste and creamy texture. For culinary functions, it can be used in beverages like shakes and lattes, desserts like ice cream, puddings, baked items, and even in snack bars—select ceremonial grade for the highest quality drinking tea. I advise starting with adding one teaspoon to your recipe and then gradually increasing until you reach the preferred quantity of green tea taste.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Green Tea Matcha Smoothie helpful for you?
It’s pretty damn awesome and adds a terrific flavor and richness to smoothies. So this green tea matcha smoothie includes all the goodness of a routine green smoothie with the included green tea flavor (subtle—but lovely) and naturally all the good anti-oxidants that green tea contains. It likewise has a little caffeine.
What fruits go with Matcha green tea?
Lemons work most OK (reward: it includes a kick of brightness that completely matches Matcha’s grassy notes). Still, any citrus juice will enhance your body’s capability to absorb the anti-oxidants.
What happens if you drink Matcha green tea every day?
Possible side effects of matcha Matcha do not appear to trigger substantial adverse effects when consumed in small amounts. However, high dosages offering significant quantities of caffeine might cause headaches, diarrhea, insomnia, and irritability.
Does Matcha burn stubborn belly fat?
Does Matcha Burn Stomach Fat? One study concluded that individuals who consumed green tea consisting of EGCG lost double the amount of weight compared to a placebo. These people also lost four times as much belly fat throughout three months.
Is Matcha better than green tea for weight loss?
Matcha has three times the amount of ECGC than green tea– meaning its health advantages are more extraordinary. Health professionals recommend drinking between one to 3 cups of Matcha a day if you want to see its weight loss results.