This keto strawberry smoothie recipe is pleasant, nutritious, and just plain yummy! And, it only has 3 ingredients. Now, I know what you’re imagining here. You fancy the idea of a keto smoothie for breakfast, but would a strawberry smoothie be satisfying?
Table of Contents
Are strawberries keto?
Contrary to common belief, strawberries are among the few fruits enabled on a keto diet plan. In fact, they are the best fruit to have, yielding too few carbs and sugars.
Per 1 cup serving strawberries, you’ll clock in 35 calories and a simple 4 grams net carbohydrates.
As such, I’ve been implying to share a keto strawberry healthy smoothie for rather a long time. It’s been among my go-to breakfasts recently, viewing as I enjoy starting my day on a sweet note. This healthy smoothie only requires 3 main ingredients and takes less than a minute to prepare. Its texture is thick, velvety, and almost like soft-serve ice cream. It’s full and sweet of strawberry flavor.
I have actually been away on vacation and have been whipping up these healthy smoothies for my friends I’m traveling with. NO ONE believes me when I tell them it is low carbohydrate- They think it resembles dessert!
How to make a keto strawberry smoothie?
The Active ingredients
- Milk of option: I utilized unsweetened almond milk, but any milk can be used.
- Keto condensed milk: Just a little bit for additional richness, sweetness, AND thickness. I used sugar complimentary condensed milk. You can likewise utilize Greek yogurt.
- Ice: Crushed ice offers the shake density and bulk, without added carbohydrates or calories!
- Strawberries: Frozen strawberries are chosen; however, you can also use fresh ones.
In a high-speed blender, combine your milk, condensed milk, ice, and mix until the ice breaks down. Include the frozen strawberries and blend up until creamy and smooth. Pour into glasses and delight in!
Keto Strawberry Smoothie Health Benefits
- Strawberries’ carbs consist primarily of fibers and easy sugars. They have a reasonably low GI and ought not to cause huge spikes in blood glucose levels.
- Strawberries are a prominent source of vitamin C, manganese, folate (vitamin B9), and potassium. They contain percentages of numerous other vitamins and minerals.
- Strawberries possess an immense amount of advantageous plant composites and antioxidants, such as pelargonidin, ellagic acid, ellagitannins, and procyanidins.
- Strawberries may decrease your risk of cardiovascular disease and cancer, as well as aid, regulate blood sugar levels. [ Source ]
- Almond milk can be an excellent plant-based choice for those preventing cow’s milk.
- Unsweetened ranges are naturally low in calories and sugar while offering lots of vitamin E.
- That stated, almond milk is low in protein and sweetened types can be packed with sugar. [ Source ]
- Yogurt offers practically every nutrient that your body requires. It is specifically high in calcium, B vitamins, and trace minerals.
- Yogurt, particularly the Greek variety, is exceptionally high in protein. Protein is helpful for appetite and weight control.
- Some kinds of yogurt consist of probiotics, which might enhance gastrointestinal health by reducing the symptoms of common gastrointestinal disorders, such as bloating, diarrhea, and constipation.
- Yogurt provides minerals, probiotics, and vitamins, all of which might improve immune health and avoid specific health problems.
- Yogurt is rich in minerals and vitamins that play an essential function in bone health. Consuming it may minimize the risk of osteoporosis.
- Regardless of its fat substance, yogurt seems to benefit heart health by boosting “good” HDL cholesterol and diminishing high blood pressure.
- Yogurt is high in protein, which is filling, and may improve your diet plan overall. Both of these aspects assist with weight management. [ Source ]
Tips to make the very best keto strawberry healthy smoothie
- For an even creamier healthy smoothie, swap out the milk for whipping cream.
- Add 1/4 cup of your favorite protein powder to it if you’d like an include extra protein to this.
- If you choose thicker smoothies, include additional ice. If you prefer thinner smoothies, have more milk.
- For a dairy complimentary strawberry shake, change the condensed milk with coconut condensed milk.
While this strawberry smoothie tastes scrumptious by itself, jazz it up with some other taste mixes!
- Coconut: Use coconut milk and swap out half the strawberries for frozen coconut chunks.
- Chocolate: Add 2-3 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder.
- Banana: Not keto-friendly but a timeless healthy smoothie addition. Include 1 large frozen banana chopped.
- Avocado: Add 1/2 large avocado or 1/4 cup frozen avocado pieces.
- Spinach: Include 1-2 cups infant spinach leaves and 1-2 tablespoons of cocoa powder.
Storing and freezing the keto strawberry smoothie
- To store: While the strawberry smoothie is the finest when consumed fresh, you can keep it in the fridge for as much as 24 hours. Any longer, and you’ll find the smoothie begins to separate.
- To freeze: The smoothie can not be frozen as a whole. Instead, put the smoothie mixture into an ice cube tray and freeze. When prepared to delight in, break out the shake cubes into a mixer and mix until smooth and thick. Frozen smoothie cubes can be stored in the freezer for up to six months.
Equipment Notes and Recommendations
- You do not require a high-dollar mixer to make this healthy Keto Strawberry Smoothie. Fresh apples mix into shakes quickly. Use a high-powered mixer like Vitamix 750 Blender and your healthy smoothie will have a more refined, more even consistency. However, you can certainly make this recipe in a standard mixer too.
- For a regular blender, I owned Hamilton Beach Blender for a while. While it doesn’t get things as smooth as rapidly as a high-powered mixer or included the very same bells and whistles, it’s an excellent option for the rate.
- Do not miss out on these Stainless Steel Drinking Straws. They make everything you drink through them, from healthy smoothies to iced tea or iced coffee to even water-tasting additional revitalizing. I likewise keep a couple of in my bag when I’m out and about, so I do not require to ask for a (plastic or paper) straw.
- You can also use these Paper Drinking Straws.