I have actually been indicating to share a coconut smoothie recipe for some time. In my opinion, this is the best use of frozen coconut chunks, and you don’t even require to thaw them. I have actually been drinking this shake as a quick breakfast. However, as it is so versatile, it can be taken as a snack between meals.
The texture is thick, smooth, and extra creamy, thanks to the coconut flesh. The shake is happily sweet and complete of a coconut taste, perfect with mint leaves on top.
Table of Contents
How do you make a healthy smoothie with coconut milk?
- Coconut milk: Unsweetened coconut milk from either a container or a can.
- Coconut Water: You can use any bottled coconut water. But make sure there is no added sugar.
- Sugar-Free Condensed Milk: To make the smoothie creamy.
- Coconut Portions: Also known as coconut meat or raw coconut. This provides the smoothie with the tasty coconut flavor and added creaminess and thickness.
- Ice: To add and thicken the shake bulk.
- In a high-speed mixer, include your coconut milk and sweetener and coconut chunks till smooth.
- Next, add the ice and blend up until the preferred density is attained.
- Now, pour into glasses and enjoy!
Tips To Make The Very Best Coconut Smoothie
- Coconut portions can be found in the freezer aisle where other frozen fruits lie. You can use fresh coconut or shredded coconut flakes if you can’t find any.
- As we are using real coconut in the shake, you do not need to utilize a specific type of coconut milk. Canned containers or even fresh coconut milk can all be used.
- The amount of sweetener is just a guide. Feel free to add more if you choose a sweeter healthy smoothie.
- For the ultimate abundant shake, substitute half the coconut milk with whipping cream.
While this healthy smoothie tastes incredible on its own, here are some fun taste options to jazz it up.
- Mango: Change half the coconut pieces with frozen mango chunks.
- Pineapple: Add 1/2 cup diced or frozen pineapple pieces.
- Chocolate: Sift through 2 tablespoons cocoa powder.
- Strawberry: Change half the coconut chunks with sliced strawberries.
- Banana: Not keto-friendly but a delicious alternative. Include 1 big frozen banana and leave out the sweetener.
Keeping & Freezing The Coconut Smoothie
To store: As the only fruit in the shake is coconut, it can be saved for up to a week in the refrigerator, covered. Make sure to blend it effectively before consuming it.
To freeze: Pour the healthy smoothie into an ice tray or shallow containers, and store in the freezer for approximately 6 months. When ready to delight in, place the frozen shake pieces into the mixer and re-blend until smooth.
Equipment Notes and Recommendations
- You do not require a high-dollar mixer to make this healthy Keto Strawberry Smoothie. Fresh apples mix into shakes quickly. Use a high-powered mixer like Vitamix 750 Blender and your healthy smoothie will have a more refined, more even consistency. However, you can certainly make this recipe in a standard mixer too.
- For a regular blender, I owned Hamilton Beach Blender for a while. While it doesn’t get things as smooth as rapidly as a high-powered mixer or included the very same bells and whistles, it’s an excellent option for the rate.
- Do not miss out on these Stainless Steel Drinking Straws. They make everything you drink through them, from healthy smoothies to iced tea or iced coffee to even water-tasting additional revitalizing. I likewise keep a couple of in my bag when I’m out and about, so I do not require to ask for a (plastic or paper) straw.
- You can also use these Bamboo Print Paper Straws.